Let’s talk about Research. In chapter 5 of Public Relations Strategies and Tactics the main focus is on research.
Uses for research:
- “To achieve credibility with management, to define audience and segment publics, to test messages…”
- Basically research can be used to discover who it is your advertising to and how to effectively do so.
- “Library and online databases and Archival Research…”
- There are many ways to go about research, it is best to become familiar with all the tools available.
Quantitative vs. Qualitative research
- quantitative give you numbers and how much/many, while quality gives more opinion and results.