- Being approachable will impact your influence on people. You will gain credibility which as a result, People will be more apt to follow you, learn from you and devote their time and energy to the goal/vision.-Dr. Hemby
In Church Business and Administration class we discussed this idea approachability. This is a touchy subject and I know myself to be unapproachable at times. I want to give some key markers by which to begin a conversation with yourself, God and those around you to see if maybe you have become unapproachable.
- How many people would someone have to go through just to speak with you?
- Can someone eat lunch with you even if they are not a part of your staff?
- Would someone be stopped by “security” when approaching you?
- Do you smile and greet people?
- How many co-workers
These are just markers by which to begin the conversation between yourself and God and those around you. I hope this makes you and I sit back ask the question, “am I approachable?”